There’s no getting away from it… this has without doubt been one of the wettest ever Spring/Summer on record. In fact it’s THE wettest May, June and July so far
But there is happy news too. To step outside may not promise the sunny, warm reception we have come to expect of July weather, but a Park Resorts UK holiday experience is designed to be enjoyed whatever the weather.
That’s why 90% of our activities can happen indoors
If you’re one of the lucky ones and are treated to a welcome dose of Vitamin D on your holiday, then whoop whoop lucky you! Make the most of every second and take full advantage of all our activities indoors and out, and of course the local attractions on offer.
But if the clouds are insistent on raining down on your holiday, then don’t let it dampen your amazing holiday experience. We have been getting some great feedback from customers telling us how much they enjoyed their quality time away together as a family and they didn’t let the rain stop them enjoying every moment. Yippeeeeeeee! Easier said than done I know, but our huge selection of indoor facilities and activities certainly help!
- Indoor swimming pools
- Bowling, indoor play areas and mini-sports on a few parks too
- Little Sparks and Sparky’s Krew Club activities and fun (indoors and out. But all can happen indoors)
- Plus some activities for teens, indoors too
- Restaurants and coffee bars to dine in, or takeaways and convenience stores to dine back at your cosy caravan
- In our Complex/Showbars, there’s The Entertainer – a fab system which enables us to play an array of music tracks, karaoke, run competitions and games and, of course, link our UK Parks together for Linked Bingo games (launching VERY soon)
- If you want to get out and about during your time at your Holiday Park, the reception team will be only too happy to recommend local attractions to visit where you can enjoy all the fun indoors.
- And of course let’s absolutely NOT FORGET the joy of board games in your caravan. This is one of my most poignant memories of childhood caravan holidays… Monopoly, Connect-4, Jenga, and cards – Happy Families, Snap – the list goes on. You can’t beat the classic family games.
If you’ve been keeping up with the comments on Facebook and TripAdvisor recently then you’ll see that there have been some stories of disappointing holidays where, unfortunately, their specific area of the park has been flooded and it has disrupted their holiday. These are a few isolated incidents and, whilst we are incredibly sorry that it (in some cases) has spoiled their memories of their holiday, for the most part the weather isn’t spoiling anything at all. For an update on the isolated flooding on a few parks, read our Blog story.
So, let’s keep our spirits up and focus on all the fun things there are to see and do on our holidays. I for one am going away in a few weeks and do not intend to let anything spoil my precious family holiday